Unless you live under a rock, you’ve no doubt heard multiple television commercials talking about the various ways you can save on your insurance with one discount or another. You can rest assured knowing that with the number of insurance companies that we represent, we’re pretty much aware of them all. Here’s a list of some of the more common ones:
- Multi-policy Discount – If you choose to insure your home and automobile with the same company, there’s a pretty good chance you’re going to receive a substantial discount. Some companies even give this discount even if you don’t own a home, but have a renters policy or coverage on something such as a cycle, camper, or ATV.
- Safe Driving Discount – If you have been free from any accident which was your fault or have had no traffic violations for five years you may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-car Discount – If you have more than one car insured under your policy, a multi-car discount is built right in to the premium calculation.
- Good Student Discount – If you have a child living in your home that is 16-years old or older, and covered under your policy, and does well in school, you may be eligible to receive a discount. While the qualifications vary by company, generally speaking, if your child has a grade point average of 3.0, is on the dean’s list or in the top 20% of their class, you’ll save!
- Defensive Driving Discount – A defensive driving discount is available through some companies for drivers 55-years and older, that complete a four-hour defensive driving course. Discount averages about 10%
- Paid in Full – Many companies give a discount for paying premium annually rather than semi-annually or monthly.
- Safe Car Discount – Discounts are often given for motorized seat belts, airbags, anti-theft devices and anti-lock brakes.
- Good Credit Discount – Probably one of the more controversial subjects relating to car insurance over the past 15-years of so is the use of one’s credit rating when calculating an insurance premium. If your average credit score is 750 or greater you could possibly save up to 40%!
- Automatic Payment – Having your payment automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account saves the company mailing costs and ensures the payment is on time. If it costs the company less, it costs you less.
- Military – Discounts are often available for those in service of our country.
While having the proper coverage is our primary concern, we understand as well as anyone that receiving an overall good value is important. Whether you’re a prospect or a policyholder, we will strive to find ways of minimizing your premium and providing proper coverage. We value your business and will do what it takes to earn your business year after year. Stop in for a visit, email us, or give us a call – you’ll be happy you did.